Sunday, February 5, 2012

Gymnastic Meet

Friday was Ciara's first ever gymnastic meet. She has been looking forward to this for a very long time. The day before the meet we found out that she had pneumonia, the doctor said that she could still compete if she felt up to it. She also had her last practice on Thursday and I told her that she didn't have to go since she was sick. Her response surprised me, she said that she had to go, that everyone was counting on her and she didn't want to let her team mates or coaches down. So I let her go. Friday when she woke up and she said that she felt just fine, thank goodness!
On our way to the meet, I asked if she was nervous, she said not really, she has this in the bag! I was just glad that her meds were working :) The meet started just fine, then as it went on I just knew that she wasn't feeling that well. Instead of practicing on the side for the beam and floor, she was just sitting there looking wiped out :(

Here are pics of the meet:



Vault:


Bars:




Beam:




Floor:




Now the results:

2nd on beam


1st on bars:


1st on beam:


4th on floor:


She was even the All Around Champion in her division!! All of my pics were too blurry for that gold medal. I couldn't believe it, even being really sick, Ciara was the Champion in her division, I'm so very proud of her! Her team also won 1st place out of all the other teams! Way to go!!

1 comment:

  1. yay!! I'm glad she did so well!! That picture you got of her jumping on the beam is awesome!!!
    I'm glad that she was still able to compete even though she wasnt feeling well!!

    ReplyDelete