Thursday, February 3, 2011

Surgery

Well on Tuesday, I had surgery on my foot so it wouldn't hurt anymore. I didn't think that it would hurt as bad as it does. I thought that I would at least be able to walk a little bit by day 3, but I am oh so very wrong! My foot feels like its been split open and everything is exposed on the outside of my foot. I can't put any weight on it at all and I don't have crutches so I've been crawling around my house if I need something, but most of my time is spent on the couch watching TV and taking my meds. Yesterday was the worst day ever! By the middle of the day I was in so much pain and my meds weren't working I was in tears. I tried calling my doctor but all I got was voicemail, I called my dad crying like a baby and he made some calls and got my doctor to call back. My doctor called in different meds and as of right now they are working :)
So I have some pics of my new little friends, but I have to say that I HATE them and they HURT :( So this one is of the top of my hand were they tried to put the IV in, and I guess that my veins didn't want anything in them so they hid and they blew my vein.


When they couldn't put the IV in the top of my hand, they tried it on the inside of my wrist. I didn't know that they could put one in there, but they did and this is what happened:


So now my left hand hurts super bad because of these bruises. And just to let you know, they are worse in person :(

Here is what my left foot looks like now:


The left side of my body is in horrible pain :( I just hope that it gets better soon. So I thought that I would just be out of work until this coming Monday, but I was wrong. I can't go back to work until I get the stitches out which is Thursday afternoon. I am getting so bored just staying at home, I feel completely useless. But in a way its kinda good because I can't walk at all. Anyways wish me luck that I can start to walk again very soon :)

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap Jen!! Your poor arm and hand!!! Those bruises look awful!!! And your sad foot!! :0(
    I hope it starts feeling lots better!!!
    You should have someone buy you a coloring book and crayons!! haha!!! I love to color!!
    Oh... did you read the Hunger Games?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to color too, I just haven't thought about doing it :)
    I haven't started reading yet, but I plan on having them read by the time I come back to work

    ReplyDelete