Friday, May 20, 2011

Really?!?

Well, this week I got to check something off my list of things that I never thought was going to happen to me. It wall started on Tuesday. Tuesday I was having surgery on my other foot, the one that I thought was my good foot, to fix a problem I had. Tuesday morning went by just fine. I got a call right before 9 in the morning saying that they moved my surgery time up. I show up when I was told to, but do you think I got into surgery before my original time? If you thought that, then you are wrong just like I was. My original time was 1:30 in the afternoon, but they told me to come in at 12:30. I didn't roll into the O.R. until after 2:30 what took so long you might ask? Well first off I thought they put me into the wrong waiting room because I was right next to a way old guy getting an endoscopy. That's right, they just me in the same waiting room to get an endoscopy. I was there for a foot surgery, not having something put up my backside! Anyways, they knew I was there so that wasn't the problem. The problem was that they called my doctor saying that they were running a little late and not to come in for a while. But here's the thing, the hospital never told me that they got behind again. Oh well, what can you do. Well my time came to go to the O.R. and I was way nervous, but the nurses were very nice and helped me a lot. So I'm in the O.R. and what do you think happened?!? I woke up twice! Not just once, but TWICE! How does that even happen? Lets just say that when I woke up and told them that I feel everything, the look on their faces were priceless. I've always heard of people waking up during surgery, but not twice. I thought that that would never happen to me. Well what can I say, I was wrong :(
Oh well, that's life right?

2 comments:

  1. You woke up??? DUDE!!!!!!!!! TWICE?????!!!! DUDDDDDDDEEEEEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy Jen1!!!! hat is all I have to say!! SO CRAZY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete