Monday, July 25, 2011

Happy Birthday Allison!

6 years ago today, Allison was born. She was a quiet baby that never really cried, and had dark brown hair, and bright blue eyes. I wish I could find a pic of her like that, but I can't seem it find it. A few months later, she lost all of her hair :( but she was still a cute baby.



Well days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months. When she was about 18 months she still wasn't talking like she should and sometimes she acted like she really couldn't hear. I took her to an ENT doctor and he did some tests, and we found out that she was moderately deaf. She has been through 3 ear tube surgeries, another surgery to take out her adenoids, and then a fifth surgery to take out her tonsils to prevent ear infections that was causing her hearing loss. Mind you all of these surgeries took place from when she was 18 months to about when she was 2 1/2. Those were some very trying months for me, and not to mention what was going on with Ciara at the time too. Anyways I am proud to report that Allison has only mild hear loss. She still has trouble hearing sometimes, especially if you're not looking out her while you talk. Sometimes she has to read your lips to see what you are saying. But now she looks like a very pretty girl.



She has always had a mind of her own, and she's not afraid to tell you that either. She is my stubborn, girly girl, piece of perfection. I love it when she makes up her own songs, when she says things in her little accent that just blown me out of the water but I just have to laugh for how she says it. The way she talks sometimes sounds like she is from Boston. I don't know how that happened, but its super cute. I love it how she plays with her hair when she is nervous or bored. I love it how she knows just who needs a friend and then takes care of them. I love it how she eats something, and then about a hour later she's hungrey again. It kinda gets on my nerves sometimes. I would really like to know where she puts all the food that she eats because she's not fat at all. She wants to be a model or an actor when she grows up, and she already has the attitude part down :) I will do anything that I can to help her reach her dreams.I would do anything for her. I just wish that she can stay my little cuddly girl forever.

1 comment: