Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Snow Sucks!

I just wanted to make everyone aware that I really HATE driving in the snow! I mean a little bit of snow on the roads are alright, but when the snow is sticking to the roads way bad and its snowing like crazy it's horrible! I just had some experiences that just makes my hatred for snow so much worse.

So I was on my way to pick up the girls, and I have to go up 94th South past 13th East and up that hill. Well everything was going alright, besides a little sliding here and there, and then I turn the corner to go up the hill and the traffic is backed up. I kept a good distance from the car in front of me so I didn't have to stop. Well I ran out of room so I had to stop. And what do you think happened??? I got stuck on ice covered by snow :( I tried backing up, turning, everything I could think of I tried. I was holding up traffic and I started to have a panic attack. After about 15 minutes of have my hazard lights on, and no one helping me,a nice guy flipped around and pulled my car up the hill. I was so thankful for his help. So then I turn on 20th East and there is another hill, but not that bad, I got stuck on that! It wasn't that bad, and I got up the hill. Right after the light, there was an accident. I sat there for what seemed like forever, so then comes another panic attack :( Finally it got cleared up and guess what it was...3 buses (UTA buses, not school buses) and 2 cars slid or something and they got wrecked. I finally got to my ex-in-laws house where the girls are and I find out that Ciara changed her mind and wanted to sleep over with Allison. (Both girls were going to spend the night, but Ciara called me at work and said that she wanted to come home.) So I went through hell just to get to her and then she changes her mind...go figure. Oh well that's life.(I wasn't that upset when she changed her mind again)

So on my way home I took a different route to avoid going down the hills. All was going we, besides the occasional slide.I get to State Street and 90th where I need to turn. Well lets just say good thing I had the right of way because right when I put on my brakes, once again I slid. It wasn't a small slide, I slide all the way across all of the lanes! I hate driving in the snow!

Ok so some of you might say 'well maybe it's your tires.' Well of you that say that are WRONG! I just got new tires so thats not the problem. I really think that the snow plows should plow BOTH sides of the street, not jsut one. That was the problem on 90th. Only the east side was plowed, not the west side.

1 comment:

  1. Did you let Ciara spend the night?!
    I would have been SO ticked and angry I wouldnt have let her stay!!!

    I am SO sorry that is was horrible!!! I totall share your pain!!!! On the bright side.... only 6 more months of snow....... hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete