Sunday, March 20, 2011

Foot Update

I know y'all have been dying to get an update on the progress of my foot, so here it is :) I have officially been wearing regular shoes to work, and and the weekends...yay for me!!! It's not as bad as it used to be, but it's still not 100%. The thing that hurts me the most is my pinky toe. The scar really isn't healed all the way like my other scares. I got a total of 4 incisions, one on the side of my foot, one on my 4th toe, one on my pinky toe, and one under my pinky toe (that one is to fix my tendon) I still wear tape on my toes because first it pulls my pinky toe straight, since it wasn't before (it was kinda curled under), and when I wear regular shoes, the tape acts as a barrier from my shoe to my scar, so it's not as painful. Granted there are time at work when I'm sitting at my desk and I have one shoe off, but hey, at least its not that stupid ugly surgical shoe thingy :) So here are some pics. This first one is a side view so you can see where they did everything.


This next one is just of the incision on the side of my foot, hasn't it healed nicely? And how about that tape job?!? I did it all by myself :)


This last one is of just my toes. You can't even tell that I had been cut open on my 4th toe...at least I think so :) I have to admit that my pinky has a long way to go, but hopefully it will get there soon.


The only scar that I don't have a pic of is the one under my pinky. First, I just can't get a pic of it, and second, if I did take a pic of it, you couldn't even tell that I was cut open there. Which is a very good thing by me :)

I have to say that I really, really miss wearing high heel shoes. I just love how they look, they make me look taller, and I also love the noise that they make on tile or concrete. So right now I'm stuck wearing flat shoes, but at least I got a cute pair at Target, and they were on sale. Because why would I ever pay full price for a pair of shoes that I will only be wearing for a short period of time :)

1 comment:

  1. Your poor toes!! :0(
    Glad you can wear cute shoes again!! I love the ones you have on today!!

    ReplyDelete