Thursday, March 10, 2011

Parent/Teacher Conference

Well, once again it's that dreaded time of the year. It's Parent/Teacher Conference time. Every single time I hear the same thing over and over for Ciara. Ciara needs to work on not talking so much, Ciara is a social butterfly and doesn't know when to stop talking. Granted that's like the only thing that is a very big problem. So once again as I was walking to her classroom, I was for sure that I was going to hear those exact same words, but boy was I wrong! Ciara got the highest scores she can get, and she has learned to stop talking and focus better! At least at school anyways :) Ciara has always been a good reader. I had her reading when she was 4 years old. So I really wasn't surprised when her teacher told me that she's above reading level, I was surprised at what reading speed and level is is on though! She's at a 6th grade speed and level! That's a ginormous leap! See for yourselves:

She is also on a 5th grade level for math:

Ciara also had the privilege of taking the IOWA test this year. I remember those days. Here are her overall scores:

The grey in the middle (if you can see it) is the Nation's average score. Granted she is average in some parts, but she is above average too!
I am so super proud of my little Ciara!

Allison's conference usually goes something like this: Allison has a mind of her own. If she doesn't want to do something, there's no way of making her do it. Yeah tell me about it! That's been the story of my life for the past 5 years. Allison now does what her teacher asks her to do, and she has become a good little friend. Her teacher told me that there was a new little girl, and she was having the hardest time adjusting to her new class. Allison would go over to her, hold her hand and told her that everything was going to be OK, and that she would be her friend. How cute is that?!? I have to admit that I kinda slacked with Allison. I didn't have her reading until she was 5. So going into kindergarten she was only ready a little bit. Now she is at a 1st grade reading level! The school really doesn't do that many tests in kindergarten, so I don't have a lot of pics on how well she's improving. But here is her reading improvement:


I forgot to mention that the solid bold black line is where the school would like the kids to be at. For both Ciara and Alli.
I am so very proud of both my girls, they are so very smart! I hope that this is the start of a new parent teacher conference trend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment